Don’t you just love sweaters? There is something that just makes you feel so snuggly in a great sweater! Here are my recommendations for your minimalist wardrobe along with the mix and match with the suggested bottoms. Thinking of a sweater paired with shorts seems a little weird, but think of those cool Spring or Fall days where it is just chilly enough. You can even take the shorts into Winter if you add a pair of tights underneath.
1. A navy wool sweater. It is incredibly classic and not as harsh as a black sweater. Paired with white dress shorts, doesn’t it just scream a night on the beach?
2. A solid colored light weight cashmere sweater. This feels amazing against your skin and is light weight enough to wear in the Spring or Fall. Layer one of your 5 tops underneath to warm it up even more for Winter.
3. A neutral color pullover sweater. Easily dressed up or down. Your body type will determine the best neck line. Choose a neutral color that is different than your core bottoms color so you have a little contrast.
4. A bright bold color or printed sweater. When I originally thought of a printed sweater, I couldn’t help but think of those horrible sweaters from the 80’s. Thankfully, they have changed. Choose that color you find delicious or a print that makes your heart sing. Maybe you want a sweater with skulls to feel a little punk. If your a little more classic go for stripes or polka dots. If you really want some pizazz, choose a printed sweater like this one:
5. A black cardigan. A classic and a lot of times frumpy. Usually when I think of a cardigan I think librarian, and not the sexy kind. I realized that a good bit of removing the frump factor, like most clothing, is the way it fits. Most people wear cardigans, and other clothing, too baggy. They should be a little fitted. They can be worn as a stand alone sweater or thrown over your outfit for added warmth. I chose black because it goes with absolutely everything. Also, there are many different styles of black cardigan to suit your personality, like these:
I love the moto style one in the middle. It adds just the right amount of edge for my taste. Having said that, I own the one at the top.
Here are your additional 25 outfits:
Adding these 5 sweaters brings your total wardrobe items to 15 yet it adds another 25 outfits to your wardrobe, bringing the total to 50!!
What I Wore: